Lakes of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) for JKSSB Exam: Hello JKSSB Aspirants, here we will discuss about the “Lakes of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) for JKSSB Exam” which is important for JKSSB & State competitive exams. So, here is the short description of lakes of J&K.
Lakes of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) for JKSSB Exam.
(I) Lakes of Jammu
1) Mansar: Also known as Mansarovar. There is temple of Sheshnag and Kali Mata. It is a popular picnic spot. Newlyweds visit this place to take the blessings. This place has temples of Umapati Mahadev & Narsihma and also a temple of Goddess Durga.
2) Surinsar Lake : Located as 8 kms west of Mansar Lake.
3) Sanasar Lake: It is located near patnitop.
(I) Lakes of Kashmir
1) Wular Lake:. Largest Fresh water Lakes in Asia.
• Location: Bandipora
• India Jhelum flows into it.
• Tulbul Navigation Project was constructed in Wular Lake.
2) Dal Lake: World Famous Tourist attraction. Dal gate connects Dal Lake with Nagin Lake.
3) Mansabal Lake: It is located in Ganderbal Districts. The name mansabal is taken from Mansrovar.
4) Gangabal: Located on Harmukh Mountains. Also known as “Harmukh Ganga”. Located in Ganderbal District.
5) Kausarnag: It lies in Pir Panjal. It is a mountain lake, also known as “Vishnu Pad”. Located in Kulgam.
6) Sheshnag: Located EnRoute to Amarnath cave.
7) Neelnag: Located in Budgam.
8) Anchar: Sindh Nullah flows and leaves it
9) Tarsar: It Lies in North of Harmkh Mountains
10) Hokarsar: Its 13 Km from Srinagar to Budgam.
(III) Lakes of Ladakh
1) Pangong Tso Lake: Located on the border of Ladakh and Tibet. It is the largest salt water Lake of Asia.
2) TSO MORIRI: It is largest of the high altitude lakes in the trans Himalayan bio geographic region, entirely with in India.
• TSOKAR means salty lake in local language and salt was extracted from this lake in earlier times, till the end of 1959.
Other Lakes of Ladakh Region are:
• TSO Kar
• Pangore lake
Conclusion: From above information regarding Lakes of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K), is very important and i hope it will be very helpful and informative for you and definitely will help in your competitive exams. If you want to get more articles like this, that helps you in your groups in your competitive exam. Stay tuned with us.